I started out the morning by knocking together two sawhorses out of scrap lumber I had lying underneath the boat.
Not great but they will have to do for now!
Using a heat gun and a paint scraper, I softened and removed the excess epoxy from the floor timber.
Then I used my 8″ grinder with a 36 grit disc (3m “Green Corp”) to get the rest of the excess epoxy off of the timber, and to fair the faces out a little bit. (This is why I wanted the new sawhorses!)
I did the final smoothing with my electric palm sander and 80 grit sandpaper.
Finally, I used my little laminate trim router to cut a 1/4″ radius along the top edges of the floor timber.
Next, I used the old floor timber as a template to mark out the shape of the new timber.
And, I cut the floor timber to shape.
As with the previous floor timber, I leveled this one up and scribed it down into place for final fitment.
And, I “tuned” the high spots with my 4″ grinder and ended up with a decent fit!
The last step was to cut the new limber holes.
Next, I raced about going through all of the steps again to layup another floor timber.
Ripping the radius off of each edge.
Wetting out the surfaces with epoxy resin.
“Number Three” all clamped up!
Nice job alternating the grain direction, should be very strong!!!